Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Lasagna is another one of those dishes that looks really hard to make, but again, if I can do it, ANYONE can. I did a few things different with this lasagna. I actually wanted it to be more 'runny' so I added extra sauce. I LOVED this part... something about eating a sloppy lasagna appeals to me! Anyway, this is what you'll need, enjoy! (Please excuse my bad quality photo... I was far too hungry (and fasting) to spend more time on it)
1. 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
2. 200 grams of ricotta cheese
3. Spaghetti sauce (I use lots and lots of ground beef in this, but it's your choice really)
4. 1 cup of finely chopped parsley
5. One box of lasagna. (I buy the oven ready lasagna, and then I boil it)
6. One egg
Preparing your Filling:
1. Take 200 grams of ricotta cheese
2. Mix one egg
3. Mix one cup of chopped parsley
4. Mix really well
Preparing your Lasagna:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and cook one box of lasagna (I boil oven ready lasagna) until ready.
2. Take a 14" lasagna pan and grease using one ladle of spaghetti sauce
3. Lay out layer #1 of your lasagna (3 pieces)
4. Apply one layer of spaghetti sauce.
5. Top with another pasta layer.
6. Then top with one layer of your filling. (I like to drop 3 spoon fulls on each lasagna stripe... so 9 on each layer.. it spreads out in the oven so don't owrry)
7. Then repeat. Pasta, Sauce, Pasta, Filling, Pasta, Sauce, Pasta Filling.. etc.. and then on the very last layer of pasta, use spaghetti sauce (I used LOTS of it.. :) and then top with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
Of course there are soooo many ways you could make Lasagna. We prefer more of the filling than mozzarella cheese which is only on the top layer... and obviously we love tomato sauce : )
Posted by Bint Aadam at 10:44 AM