I was doing laundry and packing up to leave town while wondering what in the world we were going to have for dinner that day. I looked in the freezer and saw that we had ground beef. So my initial thought was to make spaghetti sauce (tomato) and pasta. I waited for the meat to defrost and prepared my ingredients. It was only after the ground beef was ready that I noticed we were out of tomato sauce. Bummer! (Don't you hate when this happens?) I thought long and hard about what to do with the ground beef...
and this is what I ended up with!
I like to call it ground beef sauce w/ Pasta (minus the tomato part :)
- 1/3 lb of ground beef
- half an onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes cut up into bite sized pieces
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups of water
- chopped parsley
1. Boil your ground beef until ready. (or fry if you're short on time)
2. Sautee your onions in the meat until golden brown.
3. Add your diced tomatoes. Let it sit and blend for a 10 minutes. Add water if necessary.
4. Add your minced garlic gloves.
5. Mix in the chicken stock cube.
6. Last step add your parsley.
You can eat this really with whatever you want. We wanted pasta so we used it as a sauce.