We love beans in our house. Not only is the cooking time very appealing for this dish, it became extremely convenient after having my teeth filed this week. Anything that required using my front upper and lower teeth to eat became incredibly painful. So I resorted to anjeera and fuul (beans). I found a can of Heinz Deep-Browned Beans in Tomato Sauce in my cabinet. I had picked it up at the grocery store a few weeks back and only got one can to 'test' it out. I'll add a picture incase someone wants to know how the can looks. I decided we'd have it with it anjeera considering we hadn't had it in a few months. I quickly made the batter and made the anjeera. Then I put the beans on the stove, added a few veggies and some seasonings, and I had the meal ready in about 30 minutes.
My anjeera recipe can be found here.
1. 1 can 14 oz Heinz Deep-Browned Beans in Tomato Sauce
2. 1/2 an onion, diced
3. 1/2 green pepper, diced
4. 3 garlic cloves, minced
5. 1/2 chicken stock cube
6. 1 cup of water
1. Pour the entire can of beans on a skillet.
2. Add 1/2 onion and 1/2 green pepper, diced.
3. Let it simmer for 5 minutes, then add 1/2 cup of water
4. Add 1/2 chicken stock cube, mix well. Let simmer on medium-low for 5 minutes
5. Add the minced garlic. Mix and let sit on medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve hot with anjeera