Monday, July 27, 2009

Herbed Green Beans


I made these tonight for dinner, a variation on a recipe I found on recipezaar. The original had mustard in it, but my mom can't stand mustard and so I left it out. We got a basket of fresh green beans from the garden, and from my herb garden some garlic chives, parsley, and green onion. It was delicious! I ended up snacking on the leftovers all evening long, whenever I would walk through the kitchen :-)

1 tablespoon of butter
handful of chives, parsley, chopped together
two green onions chopped white and all
approximately 1 pound of fresh green beans
salt and pepper to taste

Boil the green beans in salted water for 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, set aside. In the pot they were just boiled in, melt the butter. Saute the herbs and green onion in the butter just until warm and fragrant. Add salt and pepper. Toss the green beans to coat and reheat. And serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment