Monday, October 27, 2008

Baguette

I made this french bread after I’ve been craving for so long to make it my own. The texture was perfectly crisp from the outside and gooey chewy from the inside.. great for lunch! It took me a good 4 hours to get it done but alhamdulilah.. not so bad for a first timer making baguette! I am truly satisfied.. I really am.

I followed this recipe to the letter. It might look like tonnes of work is required .. it’s not!

Slice ‘em, ready to go..

Made Garlic Bread - Broil it for 3 minutes, drizzle with grape seed oil ( you can use extra virgin olive oil or may be canola oil; normally spread with butter but I am in the no-trans fat mood) , spread with toasted garlic and sprinkle with sea salt. Put it back in the oven , broil for 3 more minutes.. done!

Serve it with hot pumpkin soup or soup of your choice and you are good to go!!….Have a great lunch! :D

http://healthykitchen.wordpress.com

3 comments:

  1. mashaallah mashaallah even the kids can't stop saying how your food photos are so professional!!!! love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazakallah khair for posting this, Shida! My husband and I LOVE bread. I can't wait to try this one out! :)

    ReplyDelete