Friday, October 31, 2008

Moroccan Fruit Salad


I first tasted this at an iftar gathering over Ramadan and I fell in love. It's also a much healthier alternative to deserts at your dinner parties. Considering all of the cake and chocolate we've been eating lately, I decided to quickly put together a healthier option. With tons of school work and midterms underway, the 10 minute preparation time was also pretty appealing :)

What you'll need

- some red and green seedless grapes, sliced in half
- strawberries, chopped up to make bite size pieces
- kiwi, peeled and chopped
- bananas, chopped
- oranges, chopped
- 3 tablespoons yogurt (You could add more- we're not big on yogurt though)
- 1 cup of mango juice (you can also use orange juice)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- any other fruits of your choice, this is just what I had in my fridge

1. Chop and dice your grapes, strawberries, kiwi, bananas, and oranges and throw them into a bowl to mix
2. Add the yogurt and mix
3. add one cup of mango juice, 1 tsp of sugar, and mix
4. Serve :)

* I planned to make fruit kebabs but I remembered I needed skewers for that!

5 comments:

  1. mm that looks awesome mashaAllah.I wonder how it would taste if you used mango pulp instead?

    Also if you chilled it, that would be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm that sounds good! I'm sure it would be better chilled... I was craving fruit that day so I put it together as soon as I got home from the grocery store. and mango pulp sounds reeeally good right now!

    man I love fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bintaadam i forgot to respond..you can find skewers at grocery stores..try to the BBQ section or the kitchen utensil section..i got mine as hand me downs from the malaysian LOL i have more than I know what to do with :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. jazaakiallah khayr. I'll be sure to check inshaa Allah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited! I bought some skewers tonight, I hope to make fruit kabobs tomorros, inshaa Allah =)

    ReplyDelete