Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chapati

I normally stay away from making Chapati (a kind of bread) because it sets the smoke detectors off but when I do make them, I make enough for a few meals.

Here's the recipe:

What you'll need
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 tsp of salt

What to do

1. Mix the flour and the salt
2. Slowly add in the water
3. Keep mixing it with your hands until you make a dough like ball

4. Divide the dough into small palm size pieces and flatten it out


5. Place one Chapati on your pan, when it starts to puff up with small circles, pour droplets of olive oil and flip over

6. Repeat the flipping process until the Chapati is as dark and crispy as you want it to be



Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. This looks like the Somali sabayad... I hope to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I know what you mean about the smoke detector...I was making chapati yesterday and one eye on the smoke detector the whole time. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh..your food photgraphy skills are getting better and better! love the pics!!! as for the chapati, i can't eat them yet, but will try to make em when I can inshaallah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, you set the smoke detector off...hehe, masha'Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure did. But alhamdulilah only for like 5 seconds :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that dry tortilla?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't say dry tortilla... you can find a description here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapati

    ReplyDelete