This was my 2nd time attempting naan, and it wasn't nearly as bad as the first time! I can't really remember what went wrong last time, but I know it didn't puff up as much as I would've like it to. Perhaps I didn't add as much yeast as I should have, I don't know, but I'm not complaining this time :D And as usual, when something doesn't turn out right, I keep trying until I get it.
I figured butter chicken would go perfect with naan, but I wasn't feeling up to it tonight. I made my 2nd favourite side with naan, which I will reveal in a few days when I type up the recipe :)
Until then, try naan out for yourself and serve with your favourite side!
I shopped around for recipes and eventually decided to use this one. If you do a search on youtube, there are multiple videos showing you how to make naan. This video led me to that website. Here is the recipe, courtesy of the website above.
|3||cup||All purpose flour|
|1||tsp||Instant dry yeast|
|50||ml||Water to knead approx|
- Sieve the flour
- Now add 1 cup warm water into dry yeast and set aside.
- Add sugar, oil into salt and mix well with yeast and water.
- Now add water little at a time to make a soft dough.
- If dough sticks to hand too much then use little bit of oil on hand and then punch into dough. .
- Now to make naan, set oven at broil and roll oval shape out of dough. Then place it into oven and flip it after 2 min. after taking it out apply some butter on them. And they are ready to eat.
* I took it out of the oven earlier than the recipe states just because I prefer it to be golden brown rather than dark brown/blackish.
* I also spread my naan out too thin... so it wasn't as fluffy on the inside as it should've been... but I have some dough left over and will try again soon!