Sunday, November 2, 2008

American Eid 'Cookies'





Our Eids thus far have not been traditionally Malaysian, as also depicted by the supposedly Malaysian 'Eid Cookies' (kuih raya) my kids hashed out during the last few days of Ramadan. Of course, a few years back, I did attempt to keep up with this Malay tradition, but unfortunately, I didn't have much experience making specialized typical Malaysian eid cookies, so my cookies were mostly gleaned from American cookbooks, except for one, which one of my favorite Malaysian cookies, but one that I cannot consume now because of my toddler's allergy to peanuts.

In addition to the Chocolate Chip Cookies, my children also made this fudgy brownie that we later cut into long rectangles, much like Kit Kat bars, and arranged them in our cookie tins. These were our 'Eid cookies' for this year's Eid Al Fitr.

The recipe, can also be found online, again at Popular Cookie Recipes, for my children are now experts at googling recipes, alhamdulillah.










2 comments: