Sunday, November 2, 2008
I like my chicken real spicy (not Malay spicy, just spicy) so I always add a little more chilli powder than I probably should when making tandoori chicken. Whatever meal I'm serving it with, I remember not to forget a banana- the two complement each other very well!
Here's my tandoori chicken recipe:
What you'll need
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinless
- 10 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 maggi cub
- 4 tablespoons of tandoori mix
- 1 table spoon of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- paprika (until preferred colour)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- lemon juice, 1/2 cup
*Before marinating, apply some lemon juice to the drumsticks and slash them using a knife. This helps the marinate get inside all the way to the bone.
Marinate the Chicken
1. Take 10 tablespoons of yogurt and mix with 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of lemon juice
2. add all of the above spices EXCEPT the pepper and mix really well using a whisk.
3. Cover and refrigerate over night. (or at least 5 hours)
Bake the Chicken
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degress
2. Remove the drumsticks and spread them out on a pan. (grease beforehand if necessary) Apply 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the drumsticks.
3. Set time to 35 minutes
4. Check the chicken in 35 minutes, then set oven to broiler and set timer for another 10 minutes
5. 10 minutes later, remove the chicken from the oven and let it cool
6. Serve :)