3-4 tablespoons butter
1/2 large onion diced
4-5 meduim potatoes any variety, chopped into small to medium sized pieces
Salt, pepper, garlic powder and herbs (I used oregano, thyme and chives)
Water or Stock
Milk or cream or both
1. Heat the butter in a meduim saucepan and saute onions until translucent.
2. Add potatoes and saute lightly.
3. Add seasonings and water/stock enough to just cover potato.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 mintues.
5. Add milk and/or cream and continue to simmer on low until desired consistency. Add enough to make it pretty thin because it thickens up as the potatoes finish cooking and after it cools.