Sunday, November 9, 2008

Home Fries


I first fell in love with home fries after a couple of trips to Bob Evans with a few addict friends of mine ;)

Having cut down on eating out, I decided I would try to make them at home. Here's what you'll need:

- 5-6 large potatoes
- butter
- salt
- paprika
- pepper flakes
- garlic powder

Recipe:

1. Boil your potatoes on high heat for 10 minutes (only cook them half way, do not boil more!)
2. Remove from boiling water and wait for potatoes to warm, then chop into small pieces
3. add 1 teaspoon of salt, some pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon of paprika, and one tablespoon of garlic powder, mix thoroughly
4. Heat a non stick pan on medium-high heat, grease if necessary.
5. Add your home fries to the pan, and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Let it sit on medium-high heat until a gold brown colour is achieved, then leave it on low-medium heat.

This is best with pancakes and eggs!

3 comments:

  1. Home Fries! No way!!! I saw the pic and the first thing I thought was Bob Evans!

    MashaAllah. Bint Aadam is doing *big things*. ; )

    And with every bite ... you'll be reminded of the good 'ol times at Bobbies ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of fun home fries recipes that I'll post i'A. Nice job, Hala jaan! They really DO look like the ones from Bobby's! I miss my Bobby gang...:(

    ReplyDelete