Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pumpkin-Cheesecake Pie



I was browsing through some of my favorite food blogs and came across this amazing looking pecan pie recipe.  I LOVE pecan pie.  I'll be posting that recipe and pictures next.  I made a batch of the Perfect Pie Crust put it in the freezer.  In the meantime we got invited out so I decided to make another pie to take with the extra dough.   Thats when I found this recipe for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie.  If you like cheesecake and you like pumpkin pie, then this recipe is for you!  On a side not if you want a Pumpkin Cheesecake check out this recipe from the Pioneer Woman!

Here is the recipe reposted from http://howtoeatacupcake.net.


Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie from Better Homes and Gardens: New Baking Book
Prep: 20 minutes - Bake: 1 hour
Makes: 8 servings – Oven 350F

1 recipe pastry for single-crust 9-inch pie
----------------------------------
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 slightly beaten egg
----------------------------------
1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
1 cup evaporated milk
2 beaten eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
----------------------------------
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, softened

1. Prepare and roll out pastry. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry. Trim and crimp edge as desired; set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the vanilla, and the 1 slightly beaten egg with electric mixer on low to medium speed until smooth. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, the 2 eggs, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Carefully pour over cream-cheese mixture.
4. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of the pie with foil. Bake in a 350F oven for 25 minutes.
Remove foil. Bake for 25 minutes more.
5. Meanwhile, combine the pecans, flour, the 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and butter. Sprinkle
over the pie. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 1 to 2 hours on a wire rack. Refrigerate within 2 hours; cover for longer storage.

Nutrition Facts per serving: 477 cal., 29 g total fat (11g sat. fat), 122 mg chol., 295 mg sodium, 46 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 10 g pro. Daily Values: 103% vit. A, 4% vit. C, 12% calcium, 17% iron

At first I wasn't going to use the pecan topping but then I decided to since I had extra from the pecan pie and it was delicious alhumduliah!



Oh ya... and I didn't have a pie pan and I wanted to give my friend her pan back so I made a square pie! LOL

2 comments:

  1. oh mashaa Allah! This is WAY out of my league again.. looks so complex mashaa Allah!! Yum

    ReplyDelete