Sunday, November 30, 2008

Baked Ziti


My older sister is our resident Italian cook in the family. I had my sister's baked ziti for the first time a few months ago. I attempted weeks ago to make her baked ziti recipe. I changed a few things around for this one. Instead of ziti, I used rotini. You can also use penne or any other kind of pasta you like. I just happen to love rotini!

Here's what you'll need
- spaghetti sauce (baked ziti is delicoius with a really good tomato sauce. You can use your favourite recipe or you can use my recipe posted here.)
- 1 lb of rotini pasta
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (next time I'd omit this... I'm not a cheese person, so more than 2 kinds of cheese is too much for me)
- around 150 grams of ricotta cheese
- whatever spices you prefer (I add spices in my sauce and not directly on the pasta)

Recipe

1. Make your sauce and sit it aside.
2. Make your pasta. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees at this point.
3. Mix your pasta with as much sauce as you prefer, and mix it really well.
4. Add your ricotta cheese, cheddar cheese, and only 1 cup of your mozzarella cheese and mix well.
5. Top with 1 layer of your sauce and your remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.



6. Bake for 35 minutes.



Serve with a nice salad and a slice of garlic bread.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I lurve the frame on the first photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, m'A! I'll definitely have to try this one!

    p.s. You can never have too much cheese! ;)

    ReplyDelete